Purpose: Responsible for supporting the Executive Director by managing database, processing and maintaining records on contributions and pledges received to ensure accurate tracking of all donation and general inquiries. Responsibilities include data mining current house list to extrapolate trends and donor giving patterns, executes and mail acknowledgements for all gifts and/or manages volunteers and interns to do so. Responds to donor inquiries, files correspondence and other records, and assists with other clerical and administrative work.
Location: The Wildcat Sanctuary, Sandstone MN
Timing: 3 month, on-site internship, Start date June 2012 (negotiable)
Hours: Full-time 8-4, mostly weekdays but some weekends required
Pay/Benefits: Free on-site housing, family style living in intern bunkhouse
- Fosters a culture of appreciation and specialness for our top supporters
- Answer phones and emails for development, education, general and other inquiries
- Manage daily workflow of deposits, data entry and donor acknowledgments
- Produce donor acknowledgement letters for various levels of giving in an efficient and timely manner
- Maintains donor database, including highly accurate and timely data/gift entry of donations, workplace giving contributions and memorial/tribute contributions.
- Perform other clerical duties such as copying, filing, correspondence, etc. as needed
- Assist with special events as assigned
- Assist with social media and website as assigned
- Assist with enewsletter and other donor communications
- Maintain confidentiality, accuracy and consistency in constituent records in the database.
- Contributes to social networking pages and web site
- Assists in researching and applying for grants
- Experience in word-processing, mail merges, social media; above average data entry skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, as well as excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Must be detail oriented, with a positive and energetic attitude
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and growing department, handle fluctuating priorities and multiple projects, and meet deadlines under pressure
- Ability to work as a team member and a self-starter
- Professional manner
- Allergic conditions which would be aggravated when working around animals may be a disqualification.
- Affection for animals, concern for their welfare and a willingness to accommodate animals in the work place.
• High school diploma or equivalent, plus on year college or related experience in fundraising, non-profit management or related field
Report to: Executive Director
How to Apply:
Send cover letter indicating reasons for interest in the position; resume; and two references to Tammy Thies, The Wildcat Sanctuary, and PO Box 314, Sandstone MN 55072. Email email@example.com with any questions.
It is expected that interns of TWS support the mission and values of the Sanctuary. The employer reserves the right to modify, change or add to the duties of this job description at any time. The employee understands and acknowledges that this position is terminable at will at any time by TWS. All donors names and contact information remain the property of The Wildcat Sanctuary and cannot be take or used. All graphics and proprietary information remains the property of The Wildcat Sanctuary and cannot be used for other purposes.