Media and Graphics Interns play a strong role in creating a window into sanctuary life through photography, videography and graphics at The Wildcat Sanctuary. Volunteer work will include capturing and producing photos and video footage of our sanctuary residents, documenting rescue stories, and daily antics of our rescued residents. This intern will work closely with the Development Team to help support fundraising efforts and further our goals and mission.
You will build your resume at one of the leading, accredited sanctuaries in the industry. Your original work will be shared to over 2.9 million social media followers in 46 countries. It’s a once in a lifetime opportunity you don’t want to miss!
Purpose: Under general direction of the Executive Director, the primary tasks for the Media and Graphics intern is to support fundraising efforts through timely photos, videos for online and social media efforts, and graphics for the online-store and other promotional materials.
- Meet timelines and schedule for edited video and live posts to be used in social media, fundraising and branding efforts
- Film video of sanctuary residents, edit video consistent with our brand and strategic anchors and educational goals; post in social media applications
- Expected to expand exposure for edited videos through additional social media outlets and PR pages
- Take photos of sanctuary residents in a timely manner to capture the daily activities of the cats
- Lead and coordinate approved staff/volunteers to ensure we have up-to-date photos of each resident for sponsor updates
- Other photos as needed – special events, vet days, intern program
- Toning, retouching, cropping and watermarking digital photos
- Sizing images for print and web
- Graphic Design
- Create images/graphics for on-line store, invitations and other marketing materials in line with TWS branding guidelines
- Other projects as assigned
- Experience with animal photography/videography
- Passion for communicating compelling stories through a visual medium
- Ability to work independently
- Strong communication skills
- Great organizational skills
- Prior photo and video editing skills, experience with Adobe Photoshop and/or Adobe Lightroom, and iMovie, Adobe Premiere Elements or similar program
- TWS provides iPhone, drone, Nikon camera and PC laptop with Adobe creative suite only. Other equipment/software needs to be determined.
- Commitment to The Wildcat Sanctuary’s mission and vision
- Understanding of how to work within brand guidelines and the ability to take direction
- Must adhere to all safety protocol while on-site. There is no contact between interns and the wild cats.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must be fluent in the English language (verbal and written communication)
- Must provide your own health insurance
- Physically capable of navigating 40 acres of land on rough terrain and in all four MN seasons.
- Volunteer commitment of 40 hours per week
- Three to six -month commitment required
- Free shared housing available at The Wildcat Sanctuary in Sandstone, MN
- $50 Weekly stipend provided – for fall 2018 session
How to Apply
- Please email a cover letter, resume and 2-3 work samples to email@example.com
- Applications are being accepted for the Fall 2018 session (Sept – Nov). Summer session is closed.
It is expected that employees of TWS support the mission and values of the Sanctuary. The employer reserves the right to modify, change or add to the duties of this job description at any time. The intern understands and acknowledges that this position is terminable at will at any time by TWS. All donor’s names and contact information remain the property of The Wildcat Sanctuary and cannot be taken or used. All graphics, photos, videos and proprietary information remains the property of The Wildcat Sanctuary and cannot be used for other purposes.