The Site Manager is responsible for the day to day management and upkeep of TWS’ buildings, habitats, grounds, and equipment. He/she also manages new construction and estimates. He/she schedules projects with the Sanctuary Manager and Executive Director, is responsible for equipment, tool, and vehicle maintenance, and is in charge of teaching staff, interns, and volunteers the proper usage and care for TWS equipment. He/she must be able to work safely and efficiently while meeting tight and varying deadlines.
- Responsible for all aspects of construction and maintenance including doing the work independently.
- With assistance from the Sanctuary Manager develops construction projects for interns and volunteers.
- Responsible for the maintenance of all vehicles and equipment (excluding office).
- Responsible for inventory control and teaching staff, interns, and volunteers how to care for and use TWS equipment.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the well, septic system, electrical system, and any other systems that support the buildings and animal compound.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the refrigerators and freezers.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the perimeter fence and all animal enclosures.
- Responsible for regular safety inspections of the perimeter fence and all animal enclosures.
- Responsible for ordering materials and supplies for maintenance and various projects.
- Responsible for plowing and shoveling roads, sidewalks and steps.
- Develops relationships with stores, vendors, and suppliers in an effort to obtain donations and reduced prices.
- Responsible for coordinating the preparation of the compound and equipment for the winter months and for weather events.
- Responsible for ensuring that the grounds are mowed and maintained.
- Oversees and monitors on-site contractors, servicemen ensuring the safety of all animals and individuals on the property.
- Responsible for bidding construction, service and other large scale projects.
Qualifications and Experience
- Ability to make a commitment to the animals AND the organizations mission/vision
- Positive Attitude
- Essential team player, respect peers, supportive of other staff
- Comply with all “no contact” and safety protocol
- Very strong work ethic
- Demonstrate experience in managing a team and construction projects.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, co-workers, volunteers and donors.
- Ability to be onsite for emergency repairs, snow plowing, tree removal, natural disaster response, etc. in a timely manner in order for the Sanctuary to maintain general operations.
- Knowledge of construction, maintenance procedures and ability to make simple repairs (small engine, electric, plumbing, welding, etc.) Welding skills a plus.
- Familiarity with key message and communication; demonstrate capacity to communicate with supporters.
- Minimum three (4) four years experience in work relevant to construction, maintenance or similar field.
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds and bend, stoop, crawl and walk on uneven surfaces.
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions from 100 degree days to freezing temperatures.
- Possession of a valid driver license.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to operate vehicles such as trucks, vans, and utility vehicles, and motorized vehicles such as snow blowers and lawnmowers.
- Ability to utilize hand and power tools.
- Must be able to work around cats and other animals
A high school diploma is required. A technical degree or equivalent work experience is preferred. This individual must possess a valid driver’s license, advanced construction and maintenance skills, positive people skills, and management skills. This person must be comfortable interacting with a variety of people, be computer literate, able to work weekends and on-call during inclement weather, be multitask oriented, possess great communication skills, and be able to work under stress with a variety of influences.
It is expected that employees of TWS support the mission and values of the Sanctuary as outline in the employee handbook. The employer reserves the right to modify, change or add to the duties of this job description at any time. The employee understands and acknowledges that this position is terminable at will at any time by TWS.
How to Apply:
Please send resume, cover letter, copy of driver’s license, and 2 reference contacts to PO Box 314 Sandstone, MN 55072 or email the information to email@example.com. If emailing the document please try and send the combined files in pdf format.