Marketing & Education Internship
Purpose: Responsible for supporting the Executive Director in marketing and on-line communications. Responds to donor inquiries, files correspondence and other records, and assists with other clerical and administrative work.
Location: The Wildcat Sanctuary, Sandstone MN
Timing: 3 month, on-site internship, Start date June 2012 (negotiable)
Hours: Full-time 8-4, mostly weekdays but some weekends required
Pay/Benefits: Free on-site housing, family style living in intern bunkhouse
- Day-to-day social networking tasks (posting, managing friends, creating content etc.) for Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and other social media sites.
- Manage ebay store including marketing, inventory and fulfillment
- Assist with enewsletter, website and other on-line communications
- Assist with printed newsletters and mailings including copy writing
- Create videos for YouTube channel
- Answer phones and emails and other administrative tasks
- Perform other clerical duties such as copying, filing, correspondence, etc. as needed
- Assist with special events and outreach booths as assigned
- Adhere to TWS brand guidelines
- Extensive experience with social media, esp. Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Strong computer skills, including file management and troubleshooting.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and written communication You must be friendly, work well with others and have the ability to lead others as well as follow.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, as well as excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Must be detail oriented, with a positive and energetic attitude
- Ability to work as a team member and a self-starter
- Allergic conditions which would be aggravated when working around animals may be a disqualification.
- Affection for animals, concern for their welfare and a willingness to accommodate animals in the work place.
• High school diploma or equivalent, plus on year college or related experience in social media or on-line communications
Report to: Executive Director
How to Apply:
Send cover letter indicating reasons for interest in the position; resume; and two references to Tammy Thies, The Wildcat Sanctuary, and PO Box 314, Sandstone MN 55072. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
It is expected that interns of TWS support the mission and values of the Sanctuary. The employer reserves the right to modify, change or add to the duties of this job description at any time. The employee understands and acknowledges that this position is terminable at will at any time by TWS. All donors names and contact information remain the property of The Wildcat Sanctuary and cannot be take or used. All graphics and proprietary information remains the property of The Wildcat Sanctuary and cannot be used for other purposes.