Marketing & Education Internship
The Wildcat Sanctuary is home to over 100 feline residents; all of which rely heavily on fundraising and marketing from staff, volunteers and interns. TWS is looking for hardworking individuals who are dedicated to providing marketing, fundraising and educational skills to support care for our rescued felines.
Interns are responsible for supporting the Executive Director in marketing, graphic design, PR and special events. Respond to donor inquiries, files correspondence and other records, and assists with other clerical and administrative work along with education and outreach.
Our goal is to aid interns in gaining experience in the marketing/fundraising field while educating them about the captive wildlife crisis. Please note: contact is prohibited between the wild cat residents and interns.
The internship duration is 6 months and interns receive a weekly $50 stipend for food.
We accept up to six full-time interns for each internship period. Internship starting dates generally coincide with the seasons of the year and may vary due to an intern’s availability.
Interns are required to live on-site for the entire duration of the internship period.
- Photos and videos for YouTube, and other social media sites.
- Manage ebay store and other online stores including marketing, inventory and fulfillment
- Assist with enewsletter, website and other on-line communications
- Assist with Uproar magazine and mailings including copy writing
- Draft blogs for website
- Make PR inquiries and send out press release
- Create graphic elements for special events, online and other programs
- Answer phones and emails and other administrative tasks
- Perform other clerical duties such as copying, filing, correspondence, etc. as needed
- Assist with special events and outreach booths as assigned
- Adhere to TWS brand guidelines
- Extensive experience with social media, esp. Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Strong computer skills, including file management and troubleshooting.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and written communication You must be friendly, work well with others and have the ability to lead others as well as follow.
- Video production and graphic design a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, as well as excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Must be detail oriented, with a positive and energetic attitude
- Ability to work as a team member and a self-starter
- Allergic conditions which would be aggravated when working around animals may be a disqualification.
- Affection for animals, concern for their welfare and a willingness to accommodate animals in the work place.
• High school diploma or equivalent, college degree in design, marketing or journalism preferred
Report to: Executive Director
How to Apply:
Send cover letter indicating reasons for interest in the position; resume; and two references to Tammy Thies, The Wildcat Sanctuary, and PO Box 314, Sandstone MN 55072. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
It is expected that interns of TWS support the mission and values of the Sanctuary. The employer reserves the right to modify, change or add to the duties of this job description at any time. The employee understands and acknowledges that this position is terminable at will at any time by TWS. All donors names and contact information remain the property of The Wildcat Sanctuary and cannot be take or used. All graphics and proprietary information remains the property of The Wildcat Sanctuary and cannot be used for other purposes.