Join our team – Business and Donor Services Manager open position!
Have you always loved animals? Would you like a career you’re passionate about, knowing you’re making a difference? Then join our team at The Wildcat Sanctuary!
We’re a nationally-recognized sanctuary for rescued lions, tigers, cougars and more. Located in the small town of Sandstone, Minnesota, we’re surrounded by the north woods, beautiful state parks and just an hour an half away from the Twin Cities or Duluth. We’re a growing, mid-size nonprofit with supporters in 46 countries and all 50 states.
Business and Donor Services Manager
Salary: $40,000-$50,000 depending on experience, plus benefits
This is a full-time, onsite position in Sandstone, Mn. Working from home, or flex hours are not permitted for this position.
Purpose: Under general direction of the Executive Director, the primary tasks for the Business and Donor Services Manager are to ensure administration and donor processing run smoothly and that processes are in place for accuracy and efficiency. Provide leadership and direction in the office with a strong accounting/bookkeeping, database and customer-service focus. Responsibilities include: CRM database management, Human Resources liaison, gift processing and acknowledgement.
8:30-5 p.m. Full-time, onsite position at The Wildcat Sanctuary
(some weekends and evenings required for special events.)
- Oversee and maintain office staff; supervise and assure all office personnel are properly trained for their positions.
- Conduct general office administration functions including monitoring, tracking, and proper display/retention of all required licenses and permits; development, facilitation, and execution of contracts; procurement and management of office supplies and equipment.
- Ensure compliance with nonprofit and corporate processes, procedures and policies, as well as securing appropriate approvals and adherence to reporting requirements, including established expectations related to timeliness.
- Establish Standard Operating Procedures, filing/record-keeping systems, and other administrative processes to provide clarity around procedural expectations; ensure data, documents, and information are maintained in an orderly, accurate, and secure manner.
- Responsible for communication of handbook and policy updates to all staff and Executive Director.
- Ensure Welcome Center is clean, organized and always maintained.
- Work with facilities to ensure all maintenance and repairs are completed in timely manner.
- Coordinates and maintains office supply inventory.
- Work collaboratively with other staff to meet the sanctuary’s overall revenue goals and objectives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Manage the CRM database system on a day-to-day basis, providing quality control of the data records and finding new ways to maximize this tool. (TWS transitioned from Gift Works to the Neon CRM database in late 2016.)
- Support department directors with accurate and timely data, mailing lists, and report requests to ensure donor trends are captured and maximized.
- Ensure TWS is exceeding customer service industry standards for gift processing, acknowledgement, and donor cultivation to decrease lapsed donors and missed pledge payments.
- Provide administrative and customer service support for all TWS on-site and off-site events.
- Establish, update and maintain protocols and work flow plans
- Is aligned with Executive Director on standards of protocol and strategic anchors.
- Participate in special events, marketing, and other promotional activities as assigned.
Human Resource Liaison
- Serve as TWS’ Human Resources Liaison, executing and providing guidance on processes related to recruitment/selection; new hire orientation; termination/exit from the organization; worker’s compensation; general benefits administration; employment verifications; performance management and, other related activities.
Finance and Reporting
- Manage payroll and accounts payable with outside accounting firm, as well as monthly reconciliation to ensure accuracy.
- Prepare and deliver various reports and documents that capture trends, analyses, and other relevant data and information to support management’s understanding and knowledge of operations, facilities, and activities to facilitate managerial decision-making.
- Provide back-up support to the Executive Director on budget preparation and administration, as well as cross training in financial, development, and other activities.
- Support monthly closing processes and annual audit.
- Bachelor’s degree, Administrative Assistant Associate’s degree, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a fundraising database environment, preferably with non-profit organization.
- Minimum two years of supervisory experience.
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), QuickBooks, Google Docs, and Drop Box.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of staff management practices and processes, and the ability to establish accountabilities and expectations and manage performance to achieve results.
- Basic knowledge of and demonstrated understanding of general accounting principles, budgets, payroll, and related data and financial reports.
- Proficiency in and demonstrated understanding of Human Resources functions and federal and state employment laws, as well as their application in Human Resources administration.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to organize, present, and articulate ideas and information in an effective and understandable manner, both verbally and in writing, and the ability to interact in a courteous and diplomatic manner.
- Strong organizational and time/resource management skills with the ability to plan, lead, and manage multiple priorities/projects under tight timeframes with a sense of urgency.
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy, accountability and deadlines.
- Strong judgment and critical thinking skills with the ability to exercise discretion related to problem-solving and issue resolution.
- Ability to sit at a computer for the full work day.
- Ability to follow all on-site safety rules.
- Ability to work with domestic cats and dogs in the office.
Health and Simple IRA benefits included in position.
It is expected that employees of TWS support the mission and values of the Sanctuary. The employer reserves the right to modify, change or add to the duties of this job description at any time. The employee understands and acknowledges that this position is terminable at will at any time by TWS. All donors’ names and contact information remain the property of The Wildcat Sanctuary and cannot be taken or used. All graphics and proprietary information remain the property of The Wildcat Sanctuary and cannot be used for other purposes.
HOW TO APPLY
Email cover letter, resume and two references to Tammy Thies at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
The Wildcat Sanctuary
PO Box 314
Sandstone MN 55072