The Wildcat Sanctuary is a fast-paced growing nonprofit dedicated to the welfare of the animals we care for and decreasing the number of animals needing rescue.
We are always growing our team and looking for special individuals who aren’t afraid of hard work, non-traditional hours and work selflessly to provide the highest level of safety and animal care to our residents. This is hard but rewarding work. There is no room for ego’s, only teamwork. Safety and the cats come first!
Located in a very rural location, team members do best if they are comfortable in smaller communities, love the outdoors like hiking, visiting state parks and enjoy a close nit community. All paid positions include being onsite 5 days a week.
As a leader in the industry, our staff gain valuable experience in disaster planning, husbandry, positive behavior modification, habitat construction, enrichment and dynamic living space development, customer service, immobilization and more. These are skills that are highly sought after within the animal welfare field.
Cross training is also important, and every member of the team must have stellar communication and customer service skills. We are an inclusive organization and view our supporters and donors as members of our team who deserve open communication and respect.
If you are a highly-motivated, self starter with a positive attitude, then The Wildcat Sanctuary may be right for you.
Team members positions that we look for include:
- Open Position – Full-time Lead Veterinarian
- Open Position – Groundskeeper and Maintenance
- Open Position – Facilities Associate
- We are always looking for animal caregivers who have several years experience in the animal sanctuary industry.
- Social Media Team member (up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends and have experience with SEO and developing online advertising strategy)
- We are also looking for volunteer veterinarians to join our existing team. Commitment is one day a week = 4 days a month.
Specifically, we are looking for people that possess the following qualities:
- Adhere to Sanctuary policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Foster an open and inclusive work environment by modeling TWS behaviors and values, consistent with the vision, mission and strategic anchors of the organization.
- Professional respect, empathy and kindness toward coworkers, managers, and subordinates, as well as donors and volunteers.
- Friendly and outgoing personality with a willingness to guide, teach and learn from others, including interns and volunteers.
- Understanding that this is a non-traditional, full-time position requiring a flexible, non-traditional schedule and commitment.
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and embrace flexibility. This can’t be understated.
- Must be able to handle the physical and emotional aspect of work in a sanctuary and have high level of resiliency.
- Critical thinker who can offer recommendations and creative solutions.
- Willingness to do what is needed in the moment to benefit the animals and organization. (Regardless if this falls under job description)
- Must be results-oriented, self-reflective and take responsibility for actions.
- Attention to detail as it pertains to animal wellness and safety. Always going above and beyond for the animals.
- Reliable transportation to our rural location in all four seasons is required. Possession of a valid driver license.
- Critical thinking and logical reasoning skills, including complex problem solving, troubleshooting, and decision making
- Ability to work varied schedules including weekends, evenings, overnights and holidays
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds and bend, stoop, crawl and walk on uneven surfaces
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions from 100-degree days to freezing temperature
- Must have tetanus vaccine
- No smoking, use of tobacco or e-cigarettes permitted anywhere on sanctuary grounds
The Wildcat Sanctuary is an equal opportunity employer by choice.
To apply for any team member position, please email cover letter, resume and two references to [email protected]