Communications Interns play a strong role in creating a window into sanctuary life through photography, videography, graphics and writing at The Wildcat Sanctuary.
Volunteer work will include capturing and producing photos and video footage of our sanctuary residents, developing graphics for social media and fundraising programs, and writing social media posts, enewsletters and more. This intern will work closely with the Development Team to help support fundraising efforts and further our goals and mission.
Technical and software skills are required for this internship. You must have a broad skill set in graphic design/layout, video editing, photography and writing. Internship will provide experience using media elements to build a story and share a cause.
You will build your resume at one of the leading, accredited sanctuaries in the industry. Your original work will be shared to over 2.9 million social media followers in 46 countries. It’s a once in a lifetime opportunity you don’t want to miss!
Under general direction of the Executive Director, the primary tasks for the Communications intern are to support fundraising efforts through timely photos, videos, graphics for online and social media efforts, and graphics for the online-store and other promotional materials.
3 and 6-month internships are available, but priority is given to 6-month applicants.
TWS provides free intern housing and a $50 weekly stipend for food. Interns are required to live on-site for the entire duration of the internship period.
- Daily management, posting, monitoring and driving growth of TWS main organization page, as well as TWS group pages
- Timely response to commenters, donors, and private messages in order to increase engagement
- Download FB donation reports on a weekly basis, merging all new email contacts into Constant Contact
- Stay on top of constant changes in FB algorithm by following top consultants in the field
- Promote Amazon Wish List purchases as needed to minimize our supply costs
- Become proficient at doing daily, if possible, live videos to increase reach
- Download live videos to YouTube in order to increase followers
- Organize YouTube site to make it more user friendly
- Assure photos of sanctuary residents are being taken in a timely manner to share with sponsor parents, social media followers, and donors
- Document through photos and videos special events, vet days, volunteer crew days, etc.
- Tone, retouch, crop and watermark digital photos according to TWS standards
- Provide sized images for both print and web use
- Maintain and organize an archive of all photos/videos taken by interns, caretakers, and professional photographers
- Create/edit videos to showcase life at TWS and share on social media platforms
- Create images/graphics for online store, invitations and other marketing materials in line with TWS branding guidelines
- Create logos, banners, brochures and special event programs as directed by Executive Director
Online Gift Shop
- Create eye-catching graphics for online gift shop merchandise
- Upload and maintain inventory using Printful and Shopify
- Update inventory to keep merchandise offerings current
- Ability to work independently and be a self starter
- Strong communication skills needed to manage working with an off-site supervisor
- Prior photo and video editing skills, experience with Adobe Photoshop and/or Adobe Lightroom, and iMovie, Adobe Premiere Elements or similar program
- TWS provides iPhone, drone, Nikon camera and PC laptop only. Other equipment/software needs to be determined.
- Commitment to The Wildcat Sanctuary’s mission and vision
- Understanding of how to work within brand guidelines and the ability to take direction
- Must adhere to all safety protocol while on-site
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must be fluent in the English language (verbal and written communication)
- Must provide your own health insurance
- Physically capable of navigating 40 acres of land on rough terrain and in all four MN seasons.
How to Apply
NOTE: Position open to US citizens only
- Please email a cover letter, resume and 2-3 work samples or link to portfolio to [email protected]
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis
It is expected that employees of TWS support the mission and values of the Sanctuary. The employer reserves the right to modify, change or add to the duties of this job description at any time. The intern understands and acknowledges that this position is terminable at will at any time by TWS. All donor’s names and contact information remain the property of The Wildcat Sanctuary and cannot be taken or used. All graphics, photos, videos and proprietary information remains the property of The Wildcat Sanctuary and cannot be used for other purposes.