Media and Graphics Interns play a strong role in creating a window into sanctuary life through photography, videography and graphics at The Wildcat Sanctuary. Volunteer work will include capturing and producing photos and video footage of our sanctuary residents, documenting rescue stories, and daily antics of our rescued residents. This intern will work closely with the Development Team to help support fundraising efforts and further our goals and mission. Technical and software skills are required for this internship. Internship will provide experience using media elements to build a story and share a cause.
You will build your resume at one of the leading, accredited sanctuaries in the industry. Your original work will be shared to over 2.9 million social media followers in 46 countries. It’s a once in a lifetime opportunity you don’t want to miss!
Purpose: Under general direction of the Executive Director, the primary tasks for the Media and Graphics intern is to support fundraising efforts through timely photos, videos for online and social media efforts, and graphics for the online-store and other promotional materials.
The internship duration is 6 months.
- Spring Session runs every March thru August
- Fall Session runs every September thru February
See below for specific start and end dates. A 3-month, unpaid internship is available on a case-by-case basis, but priority is given to 6-month applicants.
TWS provides free intern housing and a $50 weekly stipend for food. Interns are required to live on-site for the entire duration of the internship period.
- Candidate must have previous experience in video editing and know Adobe Premier
- Meet timelines and schedule for edited video and live posts to be used in social media, fundraising and branding efforts
- Film video of sanctuary residents, edit video consistent with our brand and strategic anchors and educational goals; post in social media applications
- Expected to expand exposure for edited videos through additional social media outlets and PR pages
- Take photos of sanctuary residents in a timely manner to capture the daily activities of the cats
- Lead and coordinate approved staff/volunteers to ensure we have up-to-date photos of each resident for sponsor updates
- Other photos as needed – special events, vet days, intern program
- Toning, retouching, cropping and watermarking digital photos
- Sizing images for print and web
- Graphic Design
- Create images/graphics for on-line store, invitations and other marketing materials in line with TWS branding guidelines
- Other projects as assigned
- Experience with animal photography/videography
- Passion for communicating compelling stories through a visual medium
- Ability to work independently
- Strong communication skills needed to manage working with an off-site supervisor
- Great organizational skills
- Prior photo and video editing skills, experience with Adobe Photoshop and/or Adobe Lightroom, and iMovie, Adobe Premiere Elements or similar program
- TWS provides iPhone, drone, Nikon camera and PC laptop only. Other equipment/software needs to be determined.
- Commitment to The Wildcat Sanctuary’s mission and vision
- Understanding of how to work within brand guidelines and the ability to take direction
- Must adhere to all safety protocol while on-site
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must be fluent in the English language (verbal and written communication)
- Must provide your own health insurance
- Physically capable of navigating 40 acres of land on rough terrain and in all four MN seasons.
Available Intern Sessions
- Fall 2018 Session: Sept 4th, 2018 thru Feb 27th, 2019
- Application Deadline June 30th, 2018
- Move in Sept 1, 2, 3
- Move out Feb 28th and March 1st
- Spring 2019 Session: March 4th, 2019 thru Aug 28th, 2019
- Application Deadline Dec 31st, 2018
- Move in March 2nd and 3rd
- Move out Aug 29th and 30th
- Fall 2019 Session: Sept 3rd, 2019 thru Feb 26th, 2020
- Application Deadline June 30th, 2019
- Move in Sept 1st and 2nd
- Move out Feb 27 and 28
How to Apply
- Please email a cover letter, resume and 2-3 work samples to email@example.com
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis
It is expected that employees of TWS support the mission and values of the Sanctuary. The employer reserves the right to modify, change or add to the duties of this job description at any time. The intern understands and acknowledges that this position is terminable at will at any time by TWS. All donor’s names and contact information remain the property of The Wildcat Sanctuary and cannot be taken or used. All graphics, photos, videos and proprietary information remains the property of The Wildcat Sanctuary and cannot be used for other purposes.