Our focus has always been on what is doing right for the animals.
Our Tiger Amnesty Program allows for surrender of tigers, lions or any wild cat without question.
We follow all state and federal requirements. This program ensures wild cats can find safe sanctuary.
It allows owners, authorities or entities to place the cat with us and we commit to keeping the background or sensitive information confidential for the safety of the cat.
Our goal isn’t to vilify the owner or exploit the story, but to provide a safe, life-long home to leopards, tigers, and lions in need and a solution to the public safety issue of big cats being kept illegally or as pets.
We have spacious, unoccupied habitats at our sanctuary that could be helping big cats right now.
The sanctuary is willing to coordinate safe transport and relocation, at no cost.
- TWS will agree to keep the owner and any other sensitive information confidential.
- The legal owner of the animal can contact The Wildcat Sanctuary at [email protected] or by calling Tammy at 320-245-6871.
- The big cat must be located in the United States and the owner will sign a release giving custody of the cat(s) to The Wildcat Sanctuary.
- The Wildcat Sanctuary will work with the owner to provide updates on the animal they surrender.
- The Wildcat Sanctuary will try to help all wild cat species, but priority will be given to big cats such as leopards, jaguar, tigers, lions and hybrids of those species that pose a public safety risk.
- The sanctuary will not accept cats from breeders intending to dump older animals in order to make space for more breeding.
The cats live in spacious, free-roaming outdoor habitats with access to temperature-controlled buildings. They receive a proper diet and enrichment by trained staff with biology and other related degrees and experience. The rescued cats receive preventative medical care from the sanctuary’s veterinary team in an onsite hospital.
You can take a virtual sanctuary tour of the sanctuary at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhXeH3fk4zI
The Wildcat Sanctuary (TWS) is the only accredited, non-profit sanctuary in the Midwest. TWS provides a natural sanctuary to wild cats in need and inspires change to end the captive wildlife crisis. Combining natural and spacious habitats with a life free of exhibition, TWS allows all residents to live wild at heart. As a true sanctuary, we do not buy, breed, sell or exhibit animals. The Wildcat Sanctuary is accredited by the American Sanctuary Association and the Global Federation of Animal Sanctuaries.
The Wildcat Sanctuary will also provide sanctuary for active cases where the cats are legally evidence until a case is settled. During that time the cats are still custody for the government. Those cats enter through our Witness Protection Program.